Wednesday 4 February 2015

The Gap - Have confidence


I go to art college. Its a great place with amazing, diverse and interesting people. One hurdle with being an art student is that you constantly compare your own work and style to your peers. I do animation and although you may just think 'pffft cartoons'... No. It involves a lot more than you expect and even as someone who is wanting to get into the animation industry I can admit I wasn't prepared for how difficult it would be to grasp and I'm constantly comparing myself to the industry and not feeling that I will ever meet the standard needed to be successful in this field.

My friend Katie shared this video with us all, and I had to share it with you. whoever you are, whether you are an artist, scientist or mechanic, I promise you will walk away from this video feeling better about yourself and what you're capable of.


THE GAP by Ira Glass from Daniel Sax on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. THANKYOU FOR SHARING THIS VIDEO! I'd read the quote before but I love it so much more in video form. Short and sweet :)
    x Erin
    The Halfway Point

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! I watch it any time I feel uninspired. It's such a boost! xx

      Delete